The VERTEX SERIES advanced Heat Staking Press was designed from the start to set new
standards in quality, safety, & performance. Offering high speed, ergonomic & repeatable solutions for precise and repeatable thermal
applications, like heat staking (riveting) of plastic bosses, insertion, filter & membrane sealing, and many more
plastics joining applications.
- Self-Calibration Procedure, an industry first, for increased accuracy
- Extra-large Blanchard ground cast aluminum working platform
with four 3/8-16” bolt hole circle patterns, (4-7/16”, 7”, 9” & 12”) for
mounting lower jigs and fixtures.
- Precise dovetail actuator support with new rigid column design for
accurate and repeatable gross head adjustment, equipped with
position indicator and hand crank for ease adjustment.
- 4-Post design precision guided non-rotating thruster/actuator with
eight precision bearings and four ground and plated shafts for
precise and repeatable process. Available in 3 sizes: 700 lbs.,
1250 lbs., and 1960 lbs. of force @ 100 psi.
- 6” (152mm) stroke with adjustable micro-positive stop with .001”
- Thermal Runaway alarms with automatic heater shut off.
- Heater shut down with any loss of line pressure or E-stop function.
- Head Speed Controls for pneumatic portion of head travel for UP
and DOWN speed control.
- Velocity and Distance Control unit model VCU for dual stage speed
control and precision adjustment of stake depth.
- JOG MODE! New Feature: jog head up and down for set ups.
- Line pressure regulator (FR) with digital gauge read out and filter
with dump valve and lock-out/tag out.
- Rigid tool mounting plate for mounting upper heated
- NEW! Vertex Digital micro controller system with 7”
COLOR touch screen HMI that controls ALL Process
Parameters including timers, temperatures and multilevel alarms.
- HMI Integrated auto-tuning temperature controls.
- Dynamic zone and heater output assignments via
HMI allows for easy configuration of multi-zone tooling
- Secondary Temperature monitoring of tooling mode
(view without control).
- JOB PRESETS - Multi Preset storage to store, recall,
and assign parameters.
- Resettable & Lifetime cycle part counters.
- Hybrid Automation capable with I/O output and control
options and accessories panel for rotary tables and
integration of automation components and peripheral
- Multi level Password Protection to prevent unauthorized
access to controls.
- Sonitek 4 zone (upgradeable to 8 or more) temperature
controlling power supply Model SW-1 equipped with
settable auto-tuning PID controllers in F or C settings
with digital LCD displays and with quick-connect heater/
thermocouple connections located in rear.
- THREE Year Limited Warranty
Install metal inserts or fasteners into your
plastic housings. Simultaneously install
1 or 100 at a time including onto multiple
Cut or Trim runners and gates cleanly from
your plastic parts and injection molded
parts. Degate with vestiges with tight
Staking is the process of connecting two
components by creating an interference fit
between the two pieces. One workpiece
has a hole in it while the other has a boss
that fits within the hole. The boss is very
slightly undersized so that it forms a slip fit.
Seal PTFE membranes, and other filter
media. Also heat seal films, foils and other
tamper evident packages.
Swage walls of plastic to entrap metal objects or
other foreign objects like PCB’s and encase them
into your plastic parts.
Self-Calibration procedure & software for measurement values of Time, Pressure, Temperature, Distance
for increased accuracy and compliance purposes Sonitek supplies the following:
- Manual for step by step instructions.
- Adaptor cables for connecting test
equipment to Vertex
- Thermocouple simulator
- Digital Pressure gauge
- Blank Calibration Certificate
and Calibration labels
- Includes everything from Option 1
Power & Zone Options
- Max 1440 Watt / 4 Zone / 120V 15A (Standard US wall plug)
- Max 1920 Watt / 4 Zone / 120V 20A
- Max 3840 Watt / 4 Zone / 240V 20A
- Max 3840 Watt / 8 Zone / 240V 20A
- Approx. 300 lbs. (136 kg)
- 16” wide x 26.625” deep x 40.5” high,
(406 mm x 676 mm x 1029 mm)
- Throat Depth:
- 8” (203 mm)
- 5” (127 mm)
- Height Adjustment:
- 19” (483 mm)
- Air Requirement:
- Clean (5 micron), dry air, 80 psi @ 20 CFM min.
- Air consumption
- = Stroke length (in.) x Cycles/min x SCFM factor
- Power Factor:
- 7.07 (5 Series), 12.57 (10 Series), 19.64 (20 series)