VERTEX & VERTEX MAX Series - Advanced Self-Calibratable Heat Staking System
|VERTEX & VERTEX MAX side by side.|
- Self-Calibration Procedure, an industry first, for increased accuracy & compliance
- Extra-large Blanchard ground cast aluminum working platform with bolt hole circle patterns for mounting lower jigs and fixtures.
- Precise dovetail actuator support with new rigid column design for accurate and repeatable gross head adjustment, equipped with position indicator and hand crank for ease adjustment.
- 4-Post design precision guided non-rotating thruster/actuator with eight precision bearings and four ground and plated shafts for precise and repeatable process.
- Available in two press sizes: VERTEX & VERTEX MAX. Comparison image (.JPG) & Comparison Dims. (.PDF).
- Available in 4 thruster/actuator sizes (force values are at @ 100 psi.)
- Vertex Press:
- V3 model = 300 lbs.
- V5 Model = 700 lbs.
- Vertex MAX Press:
- V10 Model = 1250 lbs.
- V20 Model = 1960 lbs.
- 5” (152mm) stroke with adjustable micro-positive stop with .001” increments.
- Thermal Runaway alarms with automatic heater shut off.
- Heater shut down with any loss of line pressure or E-stop function.
- Head Speed Controls for pneumatic portion of head travel for UP and DOWN speed control.
- Velocity and Distance Control unit model VCU for dual stage speed control and precision adjustment of stake depth. (VCU instruction video)
- JOG MODE! New Feature: jog head up and down for set ups.
- Line pressure regulator (FR) with digital gauge read out and filter with dump valve and lock-out/tag out.
- Rigid tool mounting plate for mounting upper heated tooling.
- Vertex Digital micro controller system with 5" (Standard press) or 7” (MAX press) COLOR touch screen HMI that controls ALL Process Parameters including timers, temperatures and multilevel alarms.
- HMI Integrated auto-tuning temperature controls.
- Dynamic zone and heater output assignments via HMI allows for easy configuration of multi-zone tooling change-overs.
- Secondary Temperature monitoring of tooling mode (view without control).
- JOB PRESETS - Multi Preset storage to store, recall, and assign parameters.
- Resettable & Lifetime cycle part counters.
- Hybrid Automation capable with I/O output and control options and accessories panel for rotary tables and integration of automation components and peripheral devices.
- Multi level Password Protection to prevent unauthorized access to controls.
- Sonitek 4 zone (upgradeable to 8 or more on MAX press) temperature controlling power supply Model SW-1 equipped with settable auto-tuning PID controllers in F or C settings with digital LCD displays and with quick-connect heater/ thermocouple connections located in rear.
- THREE Year Limited Warranty
Heat Staking Processes:
Standard tips available for inserts up to 3/8" or M10
Custom platens available to stake several studs/tabs simultaneously.
|Heated sharp blades with beveled edge can cut gate flush to -.010||
Use type holders or multi-wheel numbering for permanent part I.D.
Options & Accessories
- NIST Factory Calibration Certificate (ships with system)
- Digital Air Package for total pneumatic process control. Includes digital EPR, Process Pressure alarms all programed via HMI.
- OTA - Out of temperature process alarm which prevents machine from cycling if heaters are not within a settable +/- range.
- Additional 4 heated zone controller with outputs (MAX only).
- Post Cooling Kit Assembly (May be required check with sales engineer)
- Opto-Touch (zero force) Palm Button upgrade (all models)
- Leveling plate for planarity squaring of fixtures to upper head
- Quick Change Tooling Head Assembly (includes one male dovetail) (Quick Change instruction video)
- Additional Male dovetails only for additional upper heated tooling.
- Pneumatic slide table model PST-4 (4") PST-7 (7") for use on Vertex series bases.
- End of Stroke sensor model EOS-1 to indicate cycle was completed
- Up to four part presence sensors
- Pre-heat Option for insertion applications
- Strip Delay with 2nd Post cooling
- PLA Pressure line loss alarms (included in Digital Air Package)
- USB DATA COLLECTION - Transfer machine data per cycle to a USB thumb drive or data collection system for analysis.
Self-Calibration procedure & software for measurement values of Time, Pressure, Temperature, Distance for increased accuracy and compliance purposes Sonitek supplies the following:
Calibration Option 1
- Manual for step by step self-calibration instructions.
- Adaptor cables for connecting test equipment to Vertex
Calibration Option 2
- Thermocouple simulator
- Digital Pressure gauge
- Blank Calibration Certificate and Calibration labels
- Includes everything from Option 1
|Model||VERTEX Press||VERTEX MAX Press|
|Weight:||Approx. 170 lbs. (77 kg)||Approx. 300 lbs. (136 kg)|
|Footprint:||14.01" wide (356mm) x 20.51" deep (521mm) x 33" high (838 mm)||16” wide (406 mm) x 26.625” (676 mm) deep x 40.5” high (102 mm)|
|Throat Depth||5" (127 MM)||8” (203 mm)|
|Stroke:||5" (127 mm)||5" (127 mm)|
|Height Adjustment||13.5" (342 mm)||19” (483 mm)|
Power & Zone Options:
- 1440 Watt / 4 Zone / 120V 15A (Standard US wall plug)
- 1920 Watt / 4 Zone / 120V 20A
- 3840 Watt / 4 Zone / 240V 20A
- 3840 Watt / 8 Zone / 240V 20A (MAX Only)
Air Requirement: ALL MODELS = Clean (5 micron), dry air, 80 psi @ 20 CFM min.
Air consumption= Stroke length (in.) x Cycles/min x SCFM factor
Power Factor: (3.14 = V3 Series), (7.07 = V5 Series), (12.57 = V10 Series), (19.64 = V20 Series)
Literature: Download Literature (.PDF)
Electrical Load Limits: Download Load Limits.PDF
*Specifications and design are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.